About Alounak Restaurant, Kensington
Alounak restaurant always aims to serve their diners with the highest quality ingredients and freshness to bring out the best of each authentic flavoured Persian dish.
Alounak restaurants offer an elegant dining experience in a relaxing and friendly environment. You will find Alounak restaurant on the quiet street of Russell Gardens in Kensington, London.
You can find another branch of Alounak Persian restaurant in Westbourne Grove, West London
Giorgio Rossi•a week ago
I have been a regular customer of Alounak over the last 15 years but sadly in the last few months the quality of the food and the service offered has gone from bad to worse.
1) I have noticed that the staff do not write down the order, and always get the order wrong for both Persian speaking and English-speaking Customers.
2) Staff serving the tables, are very forgetful, don’t bring cutleries, glass for drinks and even get confused on getting the right bill for my orders.
3) The food quality has gone really bad for dish of the day, even when I complained, the staff endorsed my complain and said, yes we have noticed the food is not that great today!
4) Salad Olivie is just a potato salad and no trace of chicken or khiar shoor in the salad. The quantity is also getting smaller and smaller.
5) Don’t know if there has been change of manager or the Owner has just given up monitoring the staff. Most of the time staff are not treating the Customers with Curtesy the deserve
6) Prices have gone up and the portions have gone down.
7) I talked to more than 5 Persian friends they all agreed that the quality / quantity and service is far from what it used to be.
What a shame!
Tube Mani•3 weeks ago
Waitress got our order wrong. Was told another 20 minutes wait, couldn't wait, so had to have the wrong order. Awful, tiny tasteless morsels of meat. Had to repeatedly remind waitress for missing parts of order, utensils, and glass.
Used to be a regular diner there but place has really gone downhill. and prices gone up.
Service charge added for extremely bad service and no apology. Will not be going there again. Try Hafiz, round the corner on Hereford Rd instead.
Gail Young•a month ago
Food is lovely, generous portions but not too much that it would go to waste.
The atmosphere is lovely, intimate. Good customer service, staff very discreet
Omar Ilyas•4 months ago
I love Alounak. I have been to the Bayswater restaurant as well as Russel Gardens many many times. The food is cheap, tastes amazing and the portions are big. I loved the mixed starters and the fresh breads, which they bake in a clay oven at the front of the restaurant. Service can be inconsistent at times, depending on how busy they are, and the Alounak branch don't take table bookings, so you may need to queue to get in. I would highly recommend trying this place, and also have the Iranian tea at the end, it is splendid.